Below you can find some of the SEO websites and tools I recommend for my web design & web development students.
SEO Information & Learning Resources:
Multiple SEO Tools:
- www.seomoz.org: Tools and tutorials make search engine optimization accessible to everyone.
- www.alexa.com:Size up your competition on the Web with Traffic Rank, Search Analytics, Audience data and much more
- www.webconfs.com: Free tools to improve SEO
- www.seochat.com: configuring your website for search engine optimization within the different search engines.
- www.tools.trafficestimate.com: Check a website’s Traffic, Search Engine Position, Keyword Density, and much more!
- www.seorush.com: Check website’s links, directories, ranking & social resources.
SEO Metrics and Analytics:
- Google Analytics: gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
- Google URL Builder : Google Analytics can track all types of online media including banner ads, referral links, email campaigns, and organic and paid search.
- Woopra: Real Time Web Analytics, Live Chat, and Web Statistics
- Kissmetrics: analytics solution that provides a powerful visual representation of your customer lifecycle.
- Mouse Trace: Watch all of your website activity, in real-time replays to help you optimize and improve your website or blog.
- dnScoop: get all kind of info about a website, includes a valuation of it.
- Reverse IP lookup: see what websites are hosted on an IP adress.
- Who is Hosting This: discover who is hosting any website.
- BuiltWith: get to know what tools have been used for building a website.
- Compete: gives you some approximate site statistics and traffic info.
- Yahoo Site Explorer: allows you to explore all the web pages indexed by Yahoo! Search.
- Site Trail: SiteTrail is the top website analysis platform and the most comprehensive source for breaking social media and technology news on the web. SiteTrail helps web enthusiasts keep track of their favorite websites.
- Quantcast: Free direct audience measurement for all website owners including traffic, demographics, business, lifestyle, interests and more.
- Simply Measured: Free Facebook Competitive Analysis & Social Media Analytics
- Google’s Social Plug-in Analytics: The Social Engagement reports allow you to see how people shared content on your site via social actions. Examples of social actions on your site that can be tracked include Google +1 button clicks, Facebook “Like” and “Send” interactions, and Del.icio.us bookmarks.
Link Building Tools:
- Link Search: A tool to help you find potential links to contact for your link building process.
- Juicy Link Finder: A SEO tool for easily finding links with a lot of authority
Keyword Research Tools:
- Google’s Keyword Tool: Google’s official Adwords keyword research tool
- www.wordtracker.com: Discover the keywords you need to succeed online
- www.fathomseo.com: Keyword Mixer – Free Keyword Research, Suggestion & List Building Tool
- www.google.com/trends: Compare the world’s interest in your favorite topics. Enter up to five topics and see how often they’ve been searched on Google over time.
- www.soovle.com: Keyword research tool that compares the amount of queries between 7 major websites
- KGen (Keyword Generator) allows you to see what keywords are strong on visited web pages for search engines.
- Wordtracker Keyword Questions People often type questions into search engines. Now you can find these questions, answer them and get some great search traffic.
- Google Correlate Google Correlate finds search patterns which correspond with real-world trends .
Social Media Tools:
- Bit.ly: A url shortener website that provides free stats.
- twitterfeed.com: feed your blog to twitter, facebook and more
- TweetDeck: Connects your Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and Google Buzz accounts all into one interface. You can view responses, respond and post, and monitor discussions and or keywords you may be tracking.
- FriendFeed: FriendFeed is must use service for a nice lightweight experience that creates a single feed for you to easily combine and follow all of your social network accounts.
- Spokeo: Spokeo finds what you are looking for from 41 different social networking services. It is a great tool to monitor certain keywords that may affect you and your industry.
- Ping.fm: Connects you to your many social networking accounts where you can easily respond and post with a single click to many of your accounts.
- Hootsuite: Manage multiple social networks, track statistics, customize Urls and much more!
- Brizzly: Brizzly is a reader that works with Twitter and Facebook. It simplifies your browsing and updating experience, while adding a few nifty extras.
- Buzzom: Buzzom ia a social media suite that has good spam filtering section and account management.