How can you build a website that is professional, affordable, beautiful, and functional in Orlando or the Central Florida area? How can you avoid a bad experience and tell if a web company is reliable and trustworthy? Unfortunately most web designers do not have a great reputation and some can take advantage of your inexperience.
After 7 years of college teaching experience I’ve found that the most difficult skills to teach my students are work ethics and people skills. So if you’ve had a bad experience with a web designer or web design firm I would like to apologize in the name of my industry. The good news is that believe it or not, there are a few great companies and designers that make amazing work and provide professional customer service.
I decided to write this article to show my prospective clients and web students what is the overall cost of building a website in the Orlando or Central Florida area. Since I’m a small company I can afford to reduce my prices to stay competitive, especially in this economy, however you’ll be amazed how much a website can cost in this area.
If after reading this article you have any questions or would like to get a free quote for your business or organization please contact me by filling out my contact form or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I offer competitive affordable prices but most importantly I’m reliable and professional.
What is the cost of building a website?
The cost of building a website depends on three factors:
- Your website’s needs
- The experience that the company or designer has.
- The size of the web design firm
If you are a small business owner and need a website you should start small and later as your business grows you can expand and invest more in your site. For this reason be sure that your website has the appropriated structure to permit growth in the future otherwise when the time comes you’ll have to start from scratch and you’ll loose time and money.
Rule#1: Research before you commit!
It is very important that you research before committing with a web company or designer. Web design services should be transparent, open and clear to avoid unexpected charges. Please don’t make business with the first company you find; research and discover your possibilities.
Most of the times cheap doesn’t necessarily mean quality. Remember there’s a difference between affordable and cheap, your website is a valuable part of your business or organization and you must invest your money not throw it away.
Rule #2: A website is not a one time fee, so plan ahead!
Below you can find some of the main costs of building a website. These prices can vary from company to company but they can give you an overall idea of some of the costs of creating a site in the Central Florida area:
1. Domain Name: a domain name is a unique name that identifies your website in the Internet. The cost can vary between $9.00 to $15.00 USD a year depending where you buy it. I must say that in my experience I’ve seen many unsatisfied clients that had paid up to $160.00 USD for a standard domain name. So please be careful, unscrupulous people can take advantage of you.
2. Hosting: Web hosting is where your website is stored. A secure server is necessary to have a healthy website. Depending on your needs you can spend yearly anywhere from $60.00 USD for shared hosting to $500.00 USD for a dedicated server. $90.00 to $120.00 USD is the most common fee for a standard small business website.
3. Design and development: A small business website (8 to 16 Web pages) can cost in Orlando Florida between $2,000 to $6,000 USD. The websites usually include: custom graphics, custom template, stock photos, contact forms, and search box.
4. SEO: If you have a website and it doesn’t generate any traffic you have wasted your time and money. It is important to invest in SEO or search engine optimization to ensure that customers will find you so you can make more profits. SEO packages in Orlando Florida vary between $500.00 and $1,500.00 USD.
5. Website Maintenance: Once your website is up and running you must take care of it and maintain it. If your website was done with WordPress or Joomla you might be able to do some updates yourself however unless you are a web developer you need to please consider that technology always changes and this impacts your website directly. New browsers and new developing languages demand that you stay on top of the game to make sure that your website performs properly. A small business can spend yearly around $500.00 to $1,500 USD in web maintenance, but if you find a good company it is totally worth it. You need to concentrate on running your business not learning PHP and CSS.
In conclusion, the cost of a web site can vary greatly depending upon the site’s needs and the design firm, advertising agency, or freelancer creating the Web design. The most important thing is that you find someone that is honest and reliable. Paying for good service is totally worth it!
Please don’t forget that if you have any questions or would like to get a free quote for your business or organization you can contact me by filling out my contact form or emailing me directly at email@example.com.