Affordable & Professional Website Design in Orlando Florida
Orlando Web Design Company
A great website does not have to be expensive, there are quality websites for all budgets and businesses
How can you build a website that is professional, affordable, beautiful, and functional in Orlando or the Central Florida area? How can you avoid a bad experience and tell if an Orlando web design company is reliable and trustworthy? Unfortunately most web designers do not have a great reputation and some can take advantage of your inexperience.
We decided to write this article to show prospective clients what is the overall cost of building a website with an Orlando web design company or a Central Florida web design company.
If after reading this article you have any questions or would like to get a free quote for your business or organization please contact us by filling out our contact form or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer competitive affordable prices but most importantly we’re reliable and professional.
Or, if you would like to read more about websites’ costs, check out our article How Much Does a Website Cost?
Your website’s needs
Do you want to use your website to inform your customers about your services? Or are you looking to set up an online store? The purpose of your website will greatly influence its’ cost. These are the most common types of websites:
- Informational websites, they provide site visitors with resources for customers.
- E-commerce websites which are essentially online stores.
- Membership sites. These kind of websites include web spaces that are exclusive for individuals who become members of your organization.
The experience that the web design company or designer has
Like most professionals, web designers charge for their expertise and years of experience in the field. Thus, it will likely affect the cost of the website.
When choosing a web design company, look at the years of experience and at the company’s reviews. A well-established web design company will usually have reviews from previous customer either on third party websites or own their own site.
Furthermore, if a company has been established in the area for years, it will probably say so on the about page. Be thorough when researching a company’s experience since this will likely affect the cost of your website
Although there is no rule set in stone when it comes to web design companies, it is common that bigger web design companies will probably have higher rates due to a myriad of reasons. Sometimes this has to do with the fact that they might be more experienced, and sometimes these companies offer large web design packages in conjunction with other services like logo or graphic design. On the other hand, small businesses might offer more affordable options, but they might have more limited options.
If you are a small business owner and need a website you should start small and later as your business grows you can expand and invest more in your site. For this reason be sure that your website has the appropriated structure to permit growth in the future otherwise when the time comes you’ll have to start from scratch and you’ll lose time and money.
RULE#1: RESEARCH BEFORE YOU COMMIT!
It is very important that you research before committing with an Orlando web design company or designer. Web design services should be transparent, open and clear to avoid unexpected charges. Please don’t make business with the first web design company you find; research and discover your possibilities. There are many agencies to choose from so aim to explore as many as you can. Some of them offer free quotes or you could always reach out and schedule a meeting to see if you see yourself working with them. Creating a website is usually a long process, so you will want to choose people who you are compatible with.
Most of the times cheap doesn’t necessarily mean quality. Remember there’s a difference between affordable web design and cheap web design, your website is a valuable part of your business or organization and you must invest your money, not throw it away.
Lastly, if you are looking to redesign your website or strengthen it with SEO, many agencies offer free SEO audits. These evaluations can provide valuable information on your website, which can also give you a good picture on the work(and budget) that your website needs.
RULE #2: A WEBSITE IS NOT A ONE TIME FEE, SO PLAN AHEAD!
Below you can find some of the main costs of building a website. These prices can vary from company to company but they can give you an overall idea of some of the costs of creating an affordable website in the Central Florida area:
1. Domain Name: a domain name is a unique name that identifies your website in the Internet. The cost can vary between $12.00 to $20.00 USD a year depending where you buy it. I must say that in my experience I’ve seen many unsatisfied clients that had paid up to $160.00 USD for a standard domain name. So please be careful, unscrupulous people can take advantage of you.
2. Hosting: Web hosting is where your website is stored. A secure server is necessary to have a healthy website. Depending on your needs you can spend yearly anywhere from $75.00 USD for shared hosting to $780.00 USD for a dedicated server. $90.00 to $120.00 USD is the most common fee for a standard small business website.
3. Design and development: A small business website (8 to 16 Web pages) can cost in Orlando Florida between $4,500 to $6,000 USD. The websites can include: custom layout & graphics, a contact form, a blog, media gallery & basic SEO.
RULE #3: A WEBSITE NEEDS MAINTENANCE
1. Website Maintenance: Once your website is up and running you must take care of it and maintain it. If your website was done with WordPress or Joomla you might be able to do some updates yourself however unless you are a web developer you need to please consider that technology always changes and this impacts your website directly. New browsers and new developing languages demand that you stay on top of the game to make sure that your website performs properly. A small business can spend yearly around $800.00 to $1,500 USD in web maintenance, but if you find a good web design company it is totally worth it. You need to concentrate on running your business not learning PHP and CSS.
2. SEO: If you have a website and it doesn’t generate any traffic you have wasted your time and money. It is important to invest in SEO or search engine optimization to ensure that customers will find you so you can make more profits. SEO packages in Orlando Florida vary between $500.00 and $1,500.00 USD.
3. Website Security: if you maintain your website properly, security updates usually go along with your platform’s regular updates. However, there is always a risk for security breaches in websites. This is why you should consider allocating time to go over your website’s firewalls and security updates every once in a while. Many web design companies offer customer support for security issues. So, if you would like to completely focus on your business, you should consider investing on hiring one.