Orlando Web Design Company
As a business grows, merely having a website might not be enough, a need to have the right kind of website for your targeted audience will be the next inevitable step. As consumers increasingly turn to the web to buy goods and services, the competition to get their attention becomes more aggressive. Having a website that not only showcases your products, but that attracts customers is imperative to even compete with other businesses.
1. Build your brand
A strong and reputable branding identity attracts customers, and it increases brand loyalty. Work with professionals to create a brand that is unique and reflects the personality of your business. Showcase your business’ values, not only your products or services. If you would like to learn more about branding, make sure to check out our branding services page.
2. Get to know your customers
Market research can go a long way, so do your homework by learning more about your targeted audience. Who are they? What do they like? Which platforms do they use? All of these questions will help you create tailored content to your ideal customer. Attracting the right crowd is what will mark the difference between site visitors and customers.
3. Improve the user experience
Technologies are constantly evolving to make sites more user friendly. Always remember how you feel if you are ever in a rush and you are stuck waiting for a website to load, you will not want to go back to that site, so ensure your website is as user friendly as possible. Try the following tips to make your users feel as welcomed as possible:
- Optimize your page speed. There are plenty of free tools to help you optimize your website, such as Google Page Speed this site provides valuable insights and advice on how to improve your website’s loading time.
- Be responsive and mobile-friendly.Users are increasingly visiting websites from mobile devices, so make sure your websites performs well in both desktop, tablets and mobile.
- Include well-designed and written headlines. Headlines help users scan your content to quickly find what they are looking for, so write headings that are descriptive, concrete and attention grabbing.
4. Optimize for conversions
A conversion happens when a site visitor makes a desired action in your website, and it should definitely play an important part in your website building. Effective web design goes beyond beautiful color palettes and graphics. It is also (and most importantly!) about seamlessly guiding users through your site, so that they can easily engage with the content and complete an action(subscribe to a newsletter, make a purchase, etc) or so they will at least return and complete the action later on. Here are some tips to having a website that is optimized for conversions:
- Avoid long sections of text and include relevant imagery to make it more visually appealing and easy to process.
- Include thoughtful and strategic calls-to-action. Users respond well to concrete call-to-actions as they allow them to clearly move to the next step of the desired actions.
- Ensure your website is not too crowded since this can be overwhelming and discouraging to users.
5. Use the right platform for your industry
Depending on the size of your business, your industry, and your target audience, the platform you use could benefit or harm your website’s usability and customer retention . Some platforms allow for more flexibility when it comes to SEO or for ecommerce. Depending on your industry and the size of your business, a Squarespace website could work as it allows for some SEO and customization. However, if you are thinking about transferring your already successful clothing company to an online store with a 1000 items, then a WooCommerce website might be a better option. Your chosen platform will determine the capabilities of your website, so choose one that fits the needs of your business.
Lastly, web design and search engines are constantly changing, so aim to stay up-to-date as much as possible.
Orlando Web Design
If your business needs a professional website to attract more customers, contact us now for a free quote! We are an Orlando Web Design company dedicated to helping Central Florida businesses create websites that generates more conversions & sales.